Ever since I gave up on acrylic nails years ago, I’ve been doing my own nails. I get manicures at the salon occasionally but I really enjoy doing them myself at home. Here are the tools that I use for a great DIY manicure:
- Nail File: I use this to shape my nails. I rarely use a nail clipper to cut down my nails. I file them down instead.
- Nail Buffer: This is used to smooth the sharp nail edges and buff out any ridges on my nails.
- Cotton & Nail Polish Remover: You know, to remove polish! Duh! LOL
- Cuticle Nipper: My skin peels really bad sometimes around my nail bed. I use the nipper to clip off the peeling skin.
- Orange Wood Stick: Used to push back cuticles and remove dirt from under nails.
- Sally Hanson Instant Cuticle Remover & Problem Cuticle Remover: I use one or the other to remove the cuticle skin.
- Finger Brush: Used to lightly scrub off cuticle remover and excess skin around nail bed.
- Julep Facial For Hands: This is like THE best hand scrub! It leaves your hands feeling silky smooth.
- China Glaze Strong Adhesive Base Coat: Great stuff! It really helps my polish last longer.
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat: This is THE best top coat ever! It really drys your nails in minutes.
- Nail Tek Intensive Therapy: This is hands down the best nail hardener. I’ve been using it for years and its truly improved the health of my nails.
- Nail Tek Cuticle Oil: Massage this oil into your cuticles a few times a day to keep your cuticles and nails moisturized.
I hope this helps in your quest for great at home nail care. Most of these products can be purchased at your local Sally or online. Now get to DIYing! 🙂