Everywhere you look there’s some new product, gadget or tip on how to get healthy, beautiful hair. Special “magic” potions that can change brittle hair to soft, sexy hair in one snap! Now those products may and a lot of times do achieve great results, however there is much more that YOU have to do to achieve healthy hair. Simply put, what you put in is what you’ll get out.
Healthy hair starts from the INSIDE. What are you putting in your body? If you’re always eating a bunch of junky, fatty, greasy foods, believe it or not, it CAN affect your hair. Your body has no proper source of nutrients to pull from. Look at it like this… Let’s say you plant an apple seed in soil full of bad toxins. That seed will grow up an unhealthy tree with rotten apples or may not even grow at all! So if you want healthy, beautiful hair, it’s vitally important to put the right type of foods in your body. The right kind of foods are fruits and veggies! Duh right?!?!?! So get to it and do what YOU know is right.
Here are a few tips that has helped me!
- Drink LOTS of water. You know the 8 glass rule. If you don’t like the way water tastes, (I REALLY don’t get that, ughhh it’s water! LOL) squeeze some lemon juice in it!
- Exercise. Get up and do something! Exercise is important for the body to function on a daily basis. It also helps to burn off and sweat out all those toxins that we’ve put in our bodies by eating bad.
- Eat your fruit. Apples, bananas, pears, plums, peaches, grapes… Fruit is such a great snack and also tastes great blended into a smoothie.
- Eat your green vegetables. Fresh green veggies have so many vitamins in them to help promote healthy hair, skin, and nails.
- Glowing Green Smoothie! Man!!!! This smoothie is the truth! I’ve been making and drinking this smoothie every day for over a month. My skin is clearer, hair feels great, and nails are rock hard! Plus I have lots of energy and I’m getting a good dose of fruits and veggies every morning. Click HERE to find out more on the Glowing Green Smoothie.
I hope these tips help you on the road to healthy, beautiful, hair. Remember you reap what you sow…. especially when it comes to your body.