- Of course, in order to achieve the style, you must have the cut. After that you are good to go! (Get a professional stylist to cut your hair, no botched home jobs please! LOL 🙂 )
- After shampooing and conditioning your hair, towel blot and comb properly with a paddle brush or wide tooth comb. Check out my “How To Comb Your Hair” tip, here. (Applying a great leave in conditioner like Nouritress or Jane Carter helps make the comb down process easier)
- If you have a hooded dryer, sit under it for about 20-30mins, or until the hair is dry.
- Before styling, apply a light oil and protective heat spray like CHI’s Silk Infusion and Iron Guard.
- You can section your hair in 4-8 sections, which ever works best for you. In each section, make little sub-sections and work your way up each section with your flat iron. Flat iron your hair from root to ends by slighty bending the flat iron to create a slightly straight look.
- Go through each section repeating the previous step until the entire head is styled.
- Finish off with a light holding spray like Paul Mitchell’s Soft Spray.
- Comb and style until it looks picture perfect!