Hey HaiRazor Fam! I hope everyone’s year has started off great! I’ve been a little MIA for the past few days but trust, it’s all for the best. In efforts to set our year up right, my husband and I went on a major cleaning spree. Basically, everything that wasn’t being used had to go! 🙂 I also did some decluttering at the salon. It’s amazing how many papers/stuff you can accumulate over time! Well now we’re all done cleaning and I feel like our year is set!
Here are some quick tips on how to declutter your space:
- Make Lists. In each room of your house, make a list of what needs to be cleaned up. This will help you stay on track of your cleaning.
- Attack each room one at a time. By doing so you won’t feel so overwhelmed by how much you have to clean. It’s ok if it even takes a few days to go through each room.
- If you don’t need it, throw it away! If there is no purpose for that piece of paper, beanie baby, Christmas card from ’05, or whatever is taking up dead space, throw it out!
- Keep it simple. This kind of goes with #3. Once you’ve thrown away all that mess, let your space breathe. A clear space equals a clear mind.
- Stay focused but have fun! My husband I and made cleaning out fun. We found random memories, laughed at them, but stayed focused on our goal of cleaning out. It only took us one day to reorganize our whole house.
I hope these simple tips help you all get your year set up right! 2012 is gonna be a GREAT one!